Okay, so I haven't written in awhile... In fact, it's been over a month since my last post. Sorry about that :$
The truth is, I've been
insanely busy. And it's not just from traveling - school has picked up a little (I gave a presentation two weeks ago, and have another one tomorrow) and the weather has been so great that every spare moment I've had has sent me outside running or exploring the city some more, or even just sitting by the lake and eating ice cream (kind of countering all the running I've been doing ^^).
A few weeks ago, I went for a hike with some friends, and the views were amazing:
 |
We all picked flowers to put in our hair...which lasted for about 30 seconds before they went flying |
 |
We went through a little town and passed the cutest Polizeiwagen (police car) I have ever seen! |
 |
Along the way, we came across thousands of Bärlauch (a type of wild garlic) plants, which we picked and added to our lunch! |
 |
| Bärlauch |
 |
| The town at the end of the long hike |
 |
| Spring has sprung! |
A few days later, the weather was still beautiful so we went out on the lake in a paddle boat...even though it was only March, it felt like summer!
 |
| Mandatory summer selfie |
 |
| And of course we had to get ice cream afterwards ^^ |
Then, last week, Caley came to visit! She's studying abroad this semester too, so instead of a six hour plane ride, it was just a few hours by train for her to come to Zürich! We'd barely seen each other since high school, but as soon as she was here, it was like we were back on the exchange again (oops - a bit of backstory - we went on the Austausch to German four years ago, and Caley was my meal-sharing and pretty-much-everything-else buddy for the whole trip). Of course we had to have more adventures... so the first place we went when she arrived was the
Salon du Chocolat, a chocolate fair! We got to sample pretty much every type of chocolate you can imagine... (Most of them were amazing, but in case you ever have the opportunity do NOT try chocolate margarita truffles, no matter how tempting they sound. Just trust me.) And we left in a chocolate coma.
 |
| The entrance seemed so harmless, so inviting, so innocent... |
 |
| Free samples! We went through this line twice #noshame |
 |
| cutest chocolate...chickens? I've ever seen! |
 |
Despite the creepy face in the background, this cake was really neat! |
 |
| Favorite cake ever |
 |
| Definitely the coolest chocolate construction I've seen yet! |
And of course that's not everything from the past month, but it pretty much covers it... at least, that's everything I have photos from.
Since our Easter holidays start at the end of this week, I'll be leaving on Wednesday for Italy and then Croatia! I'm so excited... So enjoy this two week dearth of photos before I bombard you all with the
amazing pictures that are sure to come :)
No comments:
Post a Comment